I Want Your Holiday Gift Ideas!

Last  year I put together a little Holiday Gift Guide (which still has some great ideas if you want to check it out.)  Those weren’t just my suggestions, many of them came from a post just like this one where I asked everyone what their child’s favorite toy is and their age. This year, I want to know what YOU want too!   I will compile the comments/suggestions into a new post organized by type.  I got so many great ideas from you all last year, I have to do it again!

So, here we go,  answer as many as you want to:

1) What do YOU want this year from Santa?

2) What are you getting your spouse?

3) What is  your child’s favorite toy right now and their age?

4) What do you plan on getting your child that he/she doesn’t already have?

Can’t wait to see everyone’s answers!

Holiday Gift Ideas? (gratuitous picture of Jasper) So now that November has settled in and the holiday season is just...
Let’s Make a Holiday Gift List! As some of you long time readers know, every year I compile a list of holiday gift ideas and every year...
Wall Display Guide Winner! And the winner of the Wall Display Guide Holiday Giveaway is.......#16 Megan Rogers! Megan will be...
Last Minute Holiday Gift Ideas So, clearly I didn't have it together enough this year to create a holiday gift list in time for you...
GiGi says:

1) What do YOU want this year from Santa?
a remote shutter release

2) What are you getting your spouse?
a carbon fiber monopod for his camcorder

3) What is your child’s favorite toy right now and their age?
DS is 9 years old he loves anything legos

4) What do you plan on getting your child that he/she doesn’t already have?
he’s getting lego technic robot kit (we bit that very big bullet, but I’m confident it will be worth it)

Erika says:

1) What do YOU want this year from Santa? A JoTotes camera bag.
2) What are you getting your spouse? new clothes, a Wii game, logo’d things from his alma mater, Nook
3) What is your child’s favorite toy right now and their age? 6 yr old girl- dress up clothes and a special beanie baby. 4 yr old girl- tag pen, leapster, horse figurines, hello kitty. 16 month old boy- magnets, balls
4) What do you plan on getting your child that he/she doesn’t already have? 6 yr old girl- pillow pet, barbie car, dress up wings. 4 yr old girl- new tag books, hello kitty play set. 16 month old boy- fridge magnet toy, FB Bouncy Zebra

Jennifer says:

1) What do YOU want this year from Santa? Target gift cards, gift certificate for dance classes, clothes I can nurse in. I would love a new laptop but that’s a tall order.

2) What are you getting your spouse? We’re on a tight budget, so he asked me not to get him anything but I already got him a one-hour massage with a Groupon.

3) What is your child’s favorite toy right now and their age? Henry is only 3 months and isn’t showing interest in toys yet, but he LOVES the book “Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?” and the Sandra Boynton books.

4) What do you plan on getting your child that he/she doesn’t already have? I’m still looking for ideas. He isn’t into toys yet and has all the clothes and “gear” he needs. All I can think of right now is more board books.

1. hmm, i don’t NEED anything – maybe a pair of Tom’s shoes? I’m dreamin’ big here – but would also love to get CS5…(3 or 4 would also be great!)
2. I think some noise cancelling headphones – i got him the Bose ones several years ago – and he LOST them… Frontgate is running a special on some that includes a free 8GB ipod touch right now (and 20% off)
3. Liam is 27 mo. and his favorite things are: The Polar Express movie and book, Mega Blocks, Anything “Jumpy” – small trampoline/ bouncy house etc., his ukelele.
4. Santa is bringing him a black and decker tool bench from costco, one of those big piano mat things that you can step on to play and a Toy Story 3 blanket/pillow set. And of course some Christmas Pajamas! Gymboree has theirs on sale for ten bucks right now!

Cathy says:

1. I want a nice watch… I mean a REALLY NICE watch! LOL

2. I will get him some nice clothes, and a daddy charm for his necklace.

3. maddox is 23 months and he loves the little wheelies from fisher price… the cars, not the stand n play (he’s getting that for christmas)

4. I am getting him a little schylling fire engine… he is also obsessed with them.

Alexandria says:

1) What do YOU want this year from Santa?
clinique skin care, ipad, badgley mishka bag, and the olympus pen.

2) What are you getting your spouse?
no idea! maybe an ipad or nook. but he also asked for a 22 inch screen to use in his studio for his mac

3) What is your child’s favorite toy right now and their age?
phoenix is 2 and so addicted to thomas the train

4) What do you plan on getting your child that he/she doesn’t already have?
he has a lot of stuff so its really hard deciding what to get him. but probably a train table (one from costco that turns into a coffee table)

Molly says:

1) What do YOU want this year from Santa? I think I want a kindle.. we just found out we’re pregnant with #2, so, not sure how much time I’ll have to read.. but if I find the time, Kindle’s probably the easiest way to take advantage.. Oh, and I also really want the single cup coffee/hot water beverage thing from Cuisinart : http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-SS-700-Single-Brewing-System/dp/B0034J6QIY/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1291758396&sr=1-3

2) What are you getting your spouse? Ugghh… I never know what to get him.. Probably new sunglasses and a chinup bar that goes in the doorway.

3) What is your child’s favorite toy right now and their age? My son is 22 months and LOVES his Thomas trains and Tonka firetruck that makes fire engine sounds and has doors that open. He likes to make all of his other toys “drive” by putting them in the front seat. This has led to much longer independent play than any other toy!

4) What do you plan on getting your child that he/she doesn’t already have? A keyboard (haven’t decided which yet, but he loves to play piano on the one that his cousins have) and the Little Tykes Easyscore Basketball hoop.

suzy says:

1) What do YOU want this year from Santa?
A jo tote camera bag of course!
2) What are you getting your spouse?
call of duty: black ops for PS2
3) What is your child’s favorite toy right now and their age?
2.5 – play kitchen, m&doug ice cream and slice & bake cookie sets, wooden blocks of all shapes/sizes to build with
4) What do you plan on getting your child that he/she doesn’t already have?
haven’t decided yet but some top choices: melissa & doug puzzles, magnatiles, balance bike (like skuut), trains

Susan says:

1. Kindle
2. espresso machine (Delonghi retro – great deal on Amazon with a rebate as well!), map cufflinks with customizable location (tomatoemade at etsy).
3 & 4. 6 month old loves her B. Zany Zoo (early xmas gift) and so does my 2 1/2 year old – awesome joint gift. We’re also getting the 2 1/2 year old a V-tech kidizoom digital camera. As for the 6 month old, Sandra Boynton has a customizable board book where you can add your child’s picture and initials in the story – It’s so cute!

#5 – I know there’s no number 5 but I wanted to add my new favourite gift to give grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc… We pick up a “Artwork Display and Storage Frame” from Target, put in a recent picture our 2 year old has made and include an “Art of the Month Club” Card. We promise to send a picture created by Violet once a month to add to the frame.

I can’t wait for the gift guide list!

Lourdes says:

1) What do YOU want this year from Santa? I’d love a new lens, but that’s not going to happen…we’re trying to save money for a house next year so no big gifts. My chain broke recently, and I can’t wear my little “W” for Wesley anymore, so it’d be nice to have that replaced. I’d love a pair of black Chuck Taylors too.

2) What are you getting your spouse? A dremmel (don’t ask me: some sort of rotary tool).

3) What is your child’s favorite toy right now and their age? 20 months, and he’s really enjoying his Tag Junior. He also loves all his wooden puzzles and his shape sorter. He seems to really be into cars lately, too, unfortunately more the die cast smaller ones than the chunky plastic ones I’d been getting for him…

4) What do you plan on getting your child that he/she doesn’t already have? Let’s see…he’s getting a couple of new Eric Carle books, the FP cash register (because he’s really into sorting coins now, but that always requires close supervision), and Mozart the Monkey (http://www.blablakids.com/Online-Shopping/Classic-blablas/DOLL-Monkey-Mozart). I think the Blablas are the most adorable stuffed animals ever!

Lisa says:

1. I want a Black Rapid strap and B&H gift cards.
2. Hubs is getting a new Zune mp3 player.
3. Conor is 17 months old and his favorite toys are play cars and trucks (which he calls “cocks” LOL!)
4. For Christmas, Santa is bringing him a play kitchen and a teepee.

Kelsey says:

1) What do YOU want this year from Santa? We are buying a “mutual” gift of a yet-to-be-decided-upon mid-range DSLR. The XSi will be sold through our local camera store, to be replaced by something with video and better quality all around.
2) What are you getting your spouse? See above!
3) What is your child’s favorite toy right now and their age? His favorite toy is his Ikea rocking moose. He is 21 months old.
4) What do you plan on getting your child that he/she doesn’t already have? We will be getting Drew LOTS of books. We typically read about 20 books a day right now (aside from what he reads at full-time day care!) because he loves reading so much. We need a little more variety in his library to keep mommy and daddy sane and keep Drew’s interest piqued.

samantha says:

I just wrote a post about this today!

To answer your questions:

1) What do YOU want this year from Santa? I’ve asked for a new lens. And some new boots.

2) What are you getting your spouse? Bose headphones with noise canceling.

3) What is your child’s favorite toy right now and their age? 14 months, he loves his Fisher Price Little People Barn Yard. So we’re getting him a little tractor to go with it. He also loves the Little Tikes Basketball Hoop.

4) What do you plan on getting your child that he/she doesn’t already have? Playschool Weebles Treehouse

Kelly R says:

1) What do YOU want this year from Santa?
A new lens for my camera! 24-70mm!

2) What are you getting your spouse?
A day out fishing on a boat (we live in Miami, it’s okay to do outdoor things in the winter!) He’s really missed going fishing lately and I think it’d be a great gift!

3) What is your child’s favorite toy right now and their age?
Baby boy is 6 months old – his favorite toy right now is basically anything he can put in his mouth, drop to the floor, or bang on the table. He also loves Board Books from Sandra Boynton!

4) What do you plan on getting your child that he/she doesn’t already have?
I am getting him some Melissa and Doug fill-and-spill toys. And also on his wish-list are some stacking soft blocks.

Kate says:

1) I want a Kindle & some new clothes (turns out I still have clothes from HS in my closet and that was 11 years ago) – ag. (Not that they fit me other than the sweatshirts)

2) I’m getting my hubby some new beer glasses (w/ Atari game stuff on it)-from ThinkGeek, and something else bigger that I haven’t figured out yet.

3) My son is 14 months and he loves his “Potsy” from Leapfrog that my mom got him for his birthday. He’s also into pretty much anything that rolls (cars, trucks, buses), and lift the flap books.

4) I think we’re going to get him a beanbag chair, some more books, and probably one of the MegaBloks sets to go with the basic set he has – I was looking at the Pirate Ship one, but I’m not sure.

Emma says:

1) Amazon gift vouchers so I can fill my Kindle!

2) As Grinchy as it sounds we’re not exchanging gifts this year, if we were though it’d probably be some Imogen Heap CDs and a couple of BluRays

3) Annie is 18 months and her favourite toy is ‘Pig’ a corduroy pig by JellyCat which goes EVERYWHERE with us (http://www.justjellycat.co.uk/Browse-by-Type/Merrydays-&-Cordy-Roys/Cordy-Roy-Pig/p-310-369-3709/)

4) We’re getting Annie books and a HappyLand play set (or two!) from the ELC (http://www.elc.co.uk/HappyLand/5503,default,sc.html), nothing else though as she already has loads of toys

Great ideas.. keep ’em coming!

Orly, as you know I am Jewish as well and Jeff’s family is mostly catholic. Both of us are non believers too – well I’m more agnostic, I think Jeff is an atheist! We light the hannukah candles and do xmas eve and have a tree etc as “cultural” rather than religious holidays. Jasper will never go to church or temple, but he will definitely celebrate both christian and jewish holidays!

pam says:

I want Amazon gift cards so I can buy Kindle books. I also want a new wedding band since my original one doesn’t fit (and can’t be resized) post-triplets.

Not sure what I’m getting my husband yet!

The boys are getting V-tech laptops and more furniture for the dollhouse they got for their birthday.

Their birthday was a few days ago, and they’re loving teir new plan toys dollhouse, as well as the easel a friend sent them. Too bad it’s only two-sided. :P They are 3.

Emma says:

1) Amazon gift vouchers so I can fill me Kindle!

4) We’re getting Annie a HappyLand play set (or two!) from the ELC (http://www.elc.co.uk/HappyLand/5503,default,sc.html)

Lindsey says:

I asked for new bedding. Not very exciting.

My son (22 months) loves dinosaurs. I should say he’s obsessed with dinosaurs. We got him a few little dinosaur toys, books, etc. We are trying not to do much b/c he won’t even know. We may or may not be getting him a closet organizer as well. Santa likes kids to be organized. :)

kendra says:

1) What do YOU want this year from Santa? A pair of boots i’ve been eying, perfume, a Roomba, a DSLR camera, a mommy necklace, running boards for my truck and a massage would be lovely.

2) What are you getting your spouse? A gun safe, now with the baby, he needs to be more careful and some new timberland boots.

3) What is your child’s favorite toy right now and their age? He is 9 months and he LOVES walking (running) with his push or ride car/truck thing.

4) What do you plan on getting your child that he/she doesn’t already have? Some blocks, alphabet/animal learning toys and a big boy carseat and chair.

Lisa D says:

My 17 month old is getting the battery operated 4 wheeler, a Fisher Price farm and a band in the box set. I asked for some photo props and my husband wants scuba diving equipment.

Orly says:

Here’s my question.
What kind of fun tradition of our own can we do with our children if we’re non believers?!
We’re J’s but in general really dont believe in organized religion & God.
Thought?

Cole says:

We love giving handmade gifts – Mommy’s not a huge fan of VTech, so so far for Hannukah, I’ve gotten some blocks and a wooden truck and some books (I’m 15 months). I posted a gift guide for babies and toddlers a week or so ago: http://coleemmett.blogspot.com/2010/11/coles-gift-guide.html