The Best iPhone App for Toddlers!

And his name is Talking Carl.

He’s a cute little red monster who repeats everything you say in a high pitched monster voice and he’s absolutely hysterical, at least Jasper thinks so!   He also laughs when you tickle him, protests when you poke him, growls when you start him up and says “bye bye” when you turn him off, all of which keeps Jasper endlessly entertained..

Mommy loves Carl too, because he gives me an extra few minutes each morning to get myself ready, buys me a few minutes of peace on a car ride, serves as a distraction from impending tantrums at the store and has been all around one of the best .99 cents I ever spent.

Judging by the 4 star reviews, I don’t think I’m the only parent who loves him..

Trust me on this one, if you have an iPhone you need Carl!

The Christmas Wrap-up Well, the wrapping paper has been ripped off, the piles of new toys crammed into every corner and the...
Talking and Kissing Caught on Video When I go to visit Jasper at daycare he always does the cutest things like kisses his girlfriend Frida....
Rash Face We are still not exactly sure what is triggering Jasper's skin problems, but I think I may be closer...
A Journey into the Mind of a Toddler Because why SHOULDN'T a rocking horse start with keys? Notice the part where he comes running...
Rob says:

Thanks, I hadn’t heard of this app before, and it sounds really fun. I can’t wait to see my 2yo play with it.

Loukia says:

TALKING CARL!!! My 2 year old is IN LOVE WITH Talking Carl! It makes him laugh soooo much… it’s so cute.

Dawn says:

Noah says thank you. He’s enjoyed showing Carl around and teaching him everything! Now I need to find a way to get my phone back! :)

Shane says:

G loves SoundTouch (iPhone & iPad app). It’s such a simple app – illustrated animals and a touch opens up a nice picture of the animal and a sound. There are 3-4 diff images so he sees something diff each time. We play games where he touches randomly and yells out the animal (“Oh, Oh, Piggy! Piggy!”). And then I request and animal and he touches it!

App Developer has added new images, new animals, and new categories lately too.

Maybe I should be worried that G really likes the Snake images too :-)

Sara says:

Thank you for this! I am always looking for apps that my toddler will enjoy. I downloaded it pronto and she loves it! She just giggles and squeals. And I’m sure you know that a happy toddler = happy Momma. Thanks again!

Eva says:

Some of Lauren’s favorites are:

Monkey Preschool Lunchbox
Itsy Bitsy Spider
Fish School
iTot cards
Field Flier
When I Grow Up
I Close My Eyes

We tried Talking Carl last night and she had a lot of fun with it!

Brittany says:

I have had this app for a while now, and you are so right! My 10 month old loves poking him and tickling him, and has even figured out how to babble at him so that he repeats what she says. Good for keeping her busy for a bit!

Thanks for the tip Samantha, I think Jasper would love that!

Samantha says:

Thanks for the tip. My son is only 9 months, but he already plays with a few apps on my phone. He loved the one that’s like an animal slid show. Every time you tap the screen a new animal shows up and makes it’s sound. It keeps him from having a fit in the car and I use it while I’m trying to an extra 5 minutes of sleep in the morning. It cracks him up! It’s called Animal Show and your son may be too old for it now, but maybe some of your readers would be interested.

Thanks!

God no, I wish! I have a hard shell for my iPhone and it does take some abuse, but he doesn’t drop it too often.. I don’t think I’d let him play with my iPad though if I had one!

Shane says:

Okay, I’ll get this app today and check out w/ G.

Do you have any tips to prevent J from tossing the phone when he gets frustrated? I don’t let G have my phone on his own (as in the carseat while I’m driving) because he’ll toss it around eventually. Same w/ the iPad too.

G loves the Shrek iPad app!