Jasper the Future Home Run King

I don’t know how exactly we discovered this little game, I think Jeff was holding the “basketball” that came with another toy and Jasper was using the bat to hit it out of his hand but hitting Jeff’s hand more often than not.  Then I spotted a half empty happy baby puffs container in the corner and realized that the round indentation in the top made it the perfect T-ball holder.

But what really surprised us both was Jasper’s ability to make contact with the ball every time ( no strike outs for our little guy) and also the amount of power he puts behind his swing!

I think we have a future little leaguer on our hands.. and probably I should order him something a bit more geared towards this kind of play, like this Little Tykes T-Ball set I found on amazon:

todder t-ball toy

Speaking of which, I’m in the market for some other great outdoor toys, slide sets, cars, trucks, anything that will keep him occupied in the yard. Any suggestions?

Happy Mother’s Day That was the highlight of my otherwise totally craptastic Mother's Day.. there were nice gifts from...
All Hail the King (Tempurpedic!) It was an eventful weekend at casa Falerni.. Saturday I had a newborn shoot which took up the majority...
Welcome to the World Gemma Elise! Yesterday we got to meet Mike & Tracy's beautiful baby girl Gemma, who was born in the wee hours...
Jasper’s First Steps – Caught on Video! As promised, we return to our regularly scheduled parenting programming.. and it's a good one. Jasper's...

That video is just really too cute for words! ;)

SarahD says:

Have you heard of a plasma car? This is definitely my sons favorite right now, as he is too young to ride a bike. We throw it in our van and take it when we go to the skate park or camping or he rides it around our driveway. It has gone through my three boys and is hanging in just fine. It also holds up to 150lbs, so I hop on it too sometimes! Great fun!

amyw says:

btw, Jasper is adorable. ds’s best friend’s name is Jasper so I love that name :) And thanks for turning me on to clickinmoms. I’ve decided to raise my game!

lelu says:

My little man’s favorite is this John Deere ride on.

He rides it up and down the driveway over and over. And it’s kid powered so it’s good exercise. He also LOVES sidewalk chalk.

Licia, Jasper would die of happiness if I got him that house! I probably will try to find a used on on craigslist though.

Sara, that’s EXACTLY my dream scenario! :)

If you want some small scale outdoor toys, I second the t-ball set and we also really like the Step 2 Fold-Up Jr. Slide. Noah also has a ride-on dump truck that we got him to use inside but it somehow made it’s way outdoors and there it stays. He loves using his little shovel to fill up the dump truck with mulch. Of course, that’s only useful if Jasper is allowed to mess up the mulch :) Next on my list of things to get is a sandbox so he can play in there rather than the mulch.

Also, we refrained from getting a water table and chose to fill up mixing bowls and tupperware with water instead. Throw in some measuring cups and slotted spoons and Noah’s happy as can be. He played with that for over an hour yesterday on our deck while I read my book in the sun. Doesn’t get any better than that :)

Licia says:

I don’t have enough room in my backyard for this, but two of my friends purchased this cute little house for their children. It looks great in the backyard and it keeps them entertained for hours!

Kari, that’s so weird, why is it cheaper in the store? The online price sucks, they have it much cheaper on amazon :)

I definitely will check it out in the store, thanks! (I think it’s the same thing that Amy recommended, just different colors).

he is a star!
i second the water table for fun summer play – Liam loves his. I bought it on a whim, and the reviews on the one i got are not great, so i don’t reccommend the particuar on i got (its the arctic splash from step 2)
costco also has a great water/sand table with an umbrella right now that i wish i would have seen first!

its cheaper in the store than online.

Amy, that looks awesome, thank you!!

amyw says:

We got our son a sand/water table like this one http://www.amazon.com/Naturally-Playful-Water-Activity-Center/dp/B0000WXGL8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1271430886&sr=8-5 and he plays with it all the time. He was about Jasper’s age when we got it last year and he spends most of his time playing with the table when we are outside. Well worth the investment.