Happy New Year!

I’m sorry for the long absence, it’s been a bit of a tumultuous time.. holidays often are, but this one more than most. Of course there have been many wonderful memories made, ones I want to remember forever, like Jasper’s little dances which I thankfully was able to catch on video:

And other random moments, like Jasper pointing up to the moon and exclaiming “bubble!”

How adorable he looked in his Christmas eve outfit:

And how sweet he looked surrounded by Christmas lights on the staircase on Christmas Day:

There have been some downs recently too, nothing I’m ready to post about yet, but as an appropriate metaphor, Jasper threw up all over me this morning.  No idea why, he was finally on the mend from a nasty cold (that I am just beginning to catch of course!) It was his first time vomiting if you don’t count reflux- I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later.

I still have high hopes for 2010 despite it’s rocky start. What I wish for myself and all of you is that any dark moments make way for brighter ones to come. Happy New Year!

A Hanukkah Party for the Motley Jews Growing up, we lived 5 minutes from my parents' closest friends the Kagels.  While much has changed...
His Almost Graduation Day Jasper's will turn 5 in August, which is after the cutoff date for public school Kindergarten so everyone...
Happy New Year and Bye Bye Maternity Leave I snapped this yesterday (new year's day!) and it hit me as it sometimes does randomly - wow, I have...
A Journey into the Mind of a Toddler Because why SHOULDN'T a rocking horse start with keys? Notice the part where he comes running...
Sherean says:

It’s good to have you back. Get well, Everyone! (We’ve survived two stomach flus with vomiting so bad we had to go to the hospital and diarrhea that lasted for 7 days, so I feel your pain. It sucks.)

Joanna says:

I was so bummed to read this- I am sorry you are going through a bad time.

On a happy note, like everyone else said – those pictures of Jasper are divine!

I hope things work out and you have a fabulous 2010. You deserve it!

Molly says:

Hi Ariana,

I just wanted to give you some support even though I don’t know what exactly is making you feel down. I am having a really really tough time right now. It is difficult because I am pregnant and I SO want to be happy. But with my history I just can’t be. And I can’t force it either. It is hard to see everyone so hopeful at the beginning of the year. A lot of the time, I don’t feel very hopeful. I don’t know if me saying any of this helps but I just wanted you to know that you are not alone. This is a hard time of year for many many people.

great pics and awesome video – glad you are back! missed you – sending you lots of january cheer.
hugs!

Wishing you and your charming Jasper a year filled with everything light and bright!

Sara B. says:

Hi Ariana! Sorry you’re having a tough time…I hope things work out for the best.
Jasper is so incredibly cute! What a handsome boy!!

I too hope you are okay. But hooray twenty-ten! A nice fresh start.

Jasper gets cuter and more clever by the day.

Carla says:

I LOVE those pictures. Would you mind sharing some of the info?

Alicia says:

Love the pics – gorgeous tree and set-up too! Hope your year improves dramatically!

He is such a doll and you are so wonderful with the camera :) Hope you have a wonderful year, Ariana!

Samm Ivri says:

Your holiday photos are gorgeous and I love the “bubble” comment. WAY too cute!
Sorry to hear you are having a tough time. If you ever want a stranger to talk to or email, let me know! Sometimes its hard to talk to IRL friends and easier with strangers!
happy New Year to you guys!

Jules says:

The dancing is absolutely adorable! He’s like a little tap dancer on that present. :) I hope things get better for you soon.

xo
Jules

@Kimberly, I’m so glad you found James some cute stuff at H&M – I think we got the same argyle socks too! The other thing about them is that they have stuff for 18 month olds in the baby section but also in the kids section the clothes start at 1 year, so I found him some cute stuff there too.

@Rachel – I don’t blame you, It’s pretty awesome! I did a maternity shoot (future blog post coming) and shot at 800 ISO and didn’t even BLINK about using an ISO that high.. you can’t tell at all. Love it!

Rachel says:

I am literally SICK with envy over your new camera!!! And this coming from someone who is hardly EVER jealous!

Love the photos and Jasper’s little dance! James does a little dance, too… involving stomping his right foot and turning in circles… SO cute!

Sorry your year is getting off to a rough start… I wish you all the best and hope you guys get things figured out soon for everyone’s sake.

I lucked out at H&M yesterday in the SF Bay Area and was able to get that adorable blue-chocolate sweater vest plus three other ADORABLE sweaters and matching argyle socks for James… you were NOT kidding about how much cute stuff they have for babies!!!

And I think I just figured out why that ILP link you sent never worked for me… I don’t have enough posts on ILP to be able to see the Buy&Sell forum… you have to have 50, and I have none. ;) I did NOT get a lens for Christmas… I’m so bummed, and pretty surprised, so I’m still in the market.

Happy New Year… sending you lots of good T&P!

Susan says:

Happy 2010 Ariana! Beautiful pictures and great video of Jasper!!!