February 20th, 2009 by ariana
It’s Photoshop friday!
Here’s a quick tutorial on how to make the eyes really “pop” out in your kiddo’s portraits. Example:
Enjoy, and as always, let me know if you have any questions :)
Update: Em asked me to post the step by step instructions.. this is an easy one, so here goes!
1) Select the lasso tool from the tool bar and roughly make a selection around one eye. Hold down the shift key and make a selection around the other eye.
2) Go to layer, new, new layer via copy (or control J) to copy just the eyes onto a new layer.
3) Go to filter, other, highpass and set the radius to 10.
4) Change the layer mode (in your layers palette) from normal to soft light (you can also try overlay and see which you like better).
5) Choose the dodge tool and lighten up the iris of the eye.
6) Choose the sponge tool (make sure it’s set to saturate and not desaturate) and use a low opacity to saturate the eye color if desired.
7) Still on the eye layer, take a white brush with very low opacity and go over the whites of the eyes.
8) Duplicate the eye layer to increase the effect. Lower the opacity if the effect is too strong.
Hope that helps!
You might also like
|Photoshop Tutorial : Making the Sky Blue Yes, I am that omnipotent! Just kidding.. But when my messageboard/flickr friend posted this picture...||Photoshop Tutorial Maya Part II I don't know how useful you found Part I, but Part II is up and running! http://www.becoming-mom.net/photoshop-tutorials/photoshop-tutorial-maya-part-ii/ Question...||Photoshop Friday : Cloning – Making Objects Disappear! In this video tutorial I'll show you how to use the clone stamp tool to get rid of a distracting part...||Photoshop Friday : A More Accurate White Balance In a previous tutorial I showed you how to quick fix your exposure and color cast by setting the white...|