Jasper’s First Two Weeks Video

As promised, here’s the montage I made of Jasper’s first two weeks.

This one does make me tear up when I see what a tiny little peanut he was!! I just can’t believe how much he’s grown and changed in just 4 months:

Now I have to get busy doing the other three months.. and picking songs for them. Any good suggestions??

Belly Shot: 15 Weeks 3 Days And I am HUGE! At last, the long overdue belly shot: 15.5 weeks. All the women on the nest...
19 Weeks Belly Pic 19 Weeks And I look like I'm carrying twins! Seriously, my belly button is already really shallow,...
Hello Second Trimester! Today I am 13 weeks and 3 days pregnant. That is (almost) exactly one third of the 40 weeks, and so I'm...
State of the Uterus 38.5 weeks I never posted about my 38 week appointment on Monday. Probably because it was totally uneventful.. Midwife...
Dyan says:

Have you heard of Toni Childs?
Both songs “dreamer” and “hush” I think would be great, and the lyrics fit Jasper.

Jaimie says:

Oh MAN you’ve got me tearing up here too! My little guy is just a week or two older than yours and you’re right, I can’t even believe already that he used to be that little. My New Year’s resolution is to not wish away this precious time with my son.

Jasper is a beautiful little boy.

Thanks Kelsey, I’m definitely going to check the song out!

It’s a canon digital rebel (xti :)

Kelsey says:

Beautiful son, beautiful video! There’s a song called “I’m Satisfied” that was originally by Mississippi John Hurt but there’s a cover by John Hiatt. It’s perfect for kid montages!

(This has probably been asked before, but I can’t find it–what kind of camera do you have?)

Melanie says:

you have inspired me!! i really want to put something like this together now for Zoe’s b-day since it’s only 3 months away! Great job!!! I use Windows Movie maker for my little videos i have done, but I didn’t realize I could set it to music like that! Quick question, how do you make it compatible to burn on a DVD so you can watch in on a DVD player?

Jules says:

Hmm. Now that is a good idea. I’ll have to look into it!

p.s. Thanks for getting my dry humor about me having good looking boys. As soon as I wrote it I thought..ugh. Now everyone is going to think I’m one of those moms who thinks she invented having kids!

Thanks Jules, you do have adorable boys! I have heard great things about imovie. The birthday thing is such a great idea. I may start doing that once Jasper is one year old as well.

Have you considered getting a flip? That’s what I use and it’s sooo easy to use and portable that I’m able to capture things and video things that I wouldn’t bother if we had a more complicated video setup!

Jules says:

Aw, that’s so sweet. He is such a beautiful baby, too! I have cute boys, so I know of what I speak. ;-)

I’ve been planning on doing something similar for the boys. I have this idea that I am going to make a movie to play on each of their birthdays. (Like a year in review) Since my husband (who is in charge of the video camera) rarely takes video, it will be mainly pictures.

imovie, which comes on all Macs, is equally user friendly.

Nalini,
I use windows movie maker. It’s a free program that comes with windows based computers. (I think you can also download it from Microsoft.) It’s really easy to use, very intuitive and user friendly if a bit limited.

Sara says:

Just lovely. They do grow so fast, don’t they?

Nalini says:

Lovely video. Makes me want to make the same for my children. What software do you use for it?
Thanks for sharing.

Nalini

Aw, nicole.. soon you’ll have your own little video star!! So exciting :)

OK, these videos make me cry. They’re so sweet!